This week in Geography, we’re going to start learning about Africa. It’s a shortened week due to the Easter holiday. As a result, we will only have one Geography assignment this week.
Just as we’ve done before, we’re going to start learning about this new continent by looking at some of the key features of Africa’s physical geography. After that, we’re going to see how well you can find those physical features on a map.
Here’s what that till look like…
Learning Target: I can identify five key geographic regions of Africa.
- In Google Classroom, watch the video or read through the slides of Physical Geography of Africa.
- Complete the GoFormative titled “Physica Geography of Africa Check-up.” Make sure you get a passing score of at least 70%.
- Check out the Seterra map game incorporating features of Africa’s physical geography. Practice until you’re really fast and accurate.
- Complete the Seterra game with at least 80% accuracy, then take a screen shot.
- Submit your screen shot in Google Classroom.
Due to the holiday, this assignment is due Monday, April 13, at 8 p.m.
Remember, I’ve got Zoom Office Hours on Thursdays from 10-11 a.m. if you need help. You can also email me and set up a time if Thursday’s office hours don’t work for you.