Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year at Harrisburg South Middle School!
I’m very excited to start the new school year, see familiar faces, and meet some new learners. We’ve got a lot of exciting things planned for the coming months, and I can’t wait to explore and learn alongside your child.
As we start the year, I want to encourage you to reach out to me any time you have a question or concern. If you’d like an update on how you learner is doing in class, or if you’d like me to keep an eye out for something, please don’t hesitate to send me an email or give me a call. In addition, there are a number of online tools and resources you and your learner can use to keep track of what we’re doing in class. Below is a brief outline of some of the most important ones:
- Infinite Campus is our online gradebook, where you can check up on your son or daughter’s grades.
- Empower is the learning management system (similar to Google Classroom) that we will use for my classes this year. This is where your learner will view and submit his or her assignments.
- ICU is how we track missing assignments. If your learner has late work, you will receive a notification via email or text message. This year, both you and your learner will be able to log in to check the status of assignments.
- MrKaltwasser.com is my classroom website. It’s a good place to go if you need to find links to homework or if you need to get in contact with me.
- Remind is a service that makes it easy for me to send messages and updates to the entire class. To join the Remind lists for my classes, click here.
Please let me know if you have any questions about any of these resources, and please do not hesitate to reach out any time you have questions, comments, or concerns.