Today in class, you have three tasks:
- Complete the Bellwork, which is a recap of what we’ve seen in the Stephanie Dalley videos.
- Finish watching the Stephanie Dalley videos. Please watch individually with headphones if projection is unavailable.
- Write up a response to the video series and the questions it raises about the Hanging Gardens.
All three items should be completed in class.
Step 1: Bellwork.
Click here to complete the Bellwork in a Google Form.
Step 2: Videos.
Part 3 (ONLY WATCH IF YOU ARE IN PERIOD 6). PERIODS 1 AND 3 HAVE ALREADY SEEN THIS:
Step 3: Response.
On a sheet of notebook paper, tell me what you think about the Hanging Gardens, based on the evidence you have seen in the video series. Your choices are:
- I don’t believe the Hanging Gardens ever existed.
- I believe they existed, but I think Dalley is correct that they existed in Nineveh, not Babylon.
- I believe Dalley is wrong. The gardens existed, but in Babylon like researchers have long thought.
Write your argument in at least six sentences. Your stance should be backed up by evidence, so include at least three facts as evidence. These facts should support your conclusion.
Turn in the sheets in the back of the room by the end of class. If you don’t finish in class, bring the work on Monday.
If you have questions, please ask the substitute teacher or one of the educational aides, if applicable.